Sn-Appy Review: Noke Padlock App
Retail: Noke Bluetooth Enabled Padlock App
Purpose: Unlock your bike, locker, or shed with your smartphone. (It’s pronounced No-Key, get it?)
- Unlocks from a distance using Bluetooth (this is a pro so long as no one is around to break into your shed or steal your bike before you actually get there).
- Location based history includes the option to manage multiple locks.
- If your smartphone dies, “quick-click” allows you to open the lock using a series of squeezes on the shackle.
- Price. While the app is free, you need to buy the shackle which will set you back 70 USD - far and above the cost of any traditional key/passcode enabled pad-lock.
- It stinks for Android users: password memory fails, problems with registration, app often freezes up, and lots of force quitting.
If you're like me and can never remember your passcode/key, happen to be an iPhone user, and can stomach the cost, it’s a win.
Read the 11 signs of poorly planned app to help you get it right.