Innovation pivots on the CEO
Inertia is going to hit a lot of businesses unless they start transforming as the internet already accounts for an average of 5.3% of GDP (up from 4.1% in 2010)
The internet now means mobile!
And, in case you're still wondering, on mobile apps rule.
ut look at the results of a survey across 150 senior business executives by Squiz,
- 56% of business leaders admitted to not having a mobile app or mobile web
- 65% of respondents believe it to be ‘very’ or ‘somewhat important’
- Only 28% of respondents are planning to invest in mobile next year despite identifying the biggest drivers as
- improved Customer Experience (CX) (21%)
- increased audience reach (17%)
- more targeted communications (14%)
Some of the biggest challenges are seen as technical skills (19%), budget (17%), and time (11%).
However, the main reason cited for not investing more heavily online was that, without a mandate for change set by the CEO, all the executives face huge internal constraints to successfully going digital.